Saturday, August 2, 2008

Getting ready for school

I am updating my class website. LVUSD has opted to go for a new packaged web site in which teachers can create and change their own web page.

The website definitely looks a lot better than what we had before and I think that most teachers will actually enjoy the ease with which the pages can be changed.

Unfortunately for those of us who are tech-savvy, there are many restrictions. We can however link to our own website and there of course we have full control of what we're doing.

Kudos to Mary and Jeanne for giving us the tools to create professional looking pages!

3 comments:

Jani Nelson said...

Roland,
I am curious-- are you going to link to your existing website or convert over to the LVUSD website for your own webpage? I feel too restricted... but maybe I just need to 'play' with the district's website and get a better feel for what it can and cannot do. I worked so hard learning DreamWeaver and I finally got my website the way I liked it...

In addition, I do want to use Moodle for some of the 'things' I couldn't do before.
-Jani

Mary Ann said...

Thank you for your nice comments. We hate to think we're hindering those with tech skills. :-)

Mr. Pont said...

Jani,

Well I've updated the school site. There are a few little things you can do here and there which pretty much allow you to do most of what you would do on your own website.

Again, there's a lack of control about the exact layout but I might just be willing to give up that little bit of extra flexibility to give the whole site a uniform look and feel.

My own website is so completely different and perhaps even out-of-date, I will probably stick with the one provided :)