Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summer School

I just finished teaching summer school. The six weeks went by fast; faster than I thought. I had one 8th grade class with 15 students and one with 4 students.

Inintially I thought it would be harder to teach the class with 15, but surprisingly it was the 4 student class which challenged me the most. I think that feedback from a "larger" class is more helpful so students and me too can feed of each other and address more issues. In a smaller class, the chance that all students get a specific idea is a lot higher.

The key to fill two 2 1/2 hour classes for me was change, change, change. Luckily, the SuccessMaker lab was running which took about 30 minutes including getting to and from the lab
. Lessons, worksheets, games etc filled the other two hours which made the day go by fast.

Overall a very enjoyable experience.

P.S. We had two great barbecue days for the faculty. Josh made some great burgers and hot dogs and everyone brought nummy stuff to eat.

No comments: