Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 8 - Thing 19

The Library Thing

Hmm.. interesting. Both my wife and I are avid readers when we're not in school ourselves and we tend to keep the hardcovers we buy while storing the soft covers. We have accumulated several thousand books over the years and I think it would be an interesting thing to actually catalog.

But that's where it would end. For me it would be an interesting excersize but would I go on library thing and see what other people thought about some book or other? I am not sure yet. I like to go to book stores and see what's new and I check online to see if some of my own authors have released or are about to release a new book. Then, I rarely look at people's comments good or bad to determine if I should buy a book or not. I'd buy it, read it and put it in my library (read book case).

Yet I can see where as previously I wouldn't comment on books to others as most would not be interested in having my views or tastes pushed in their faces to actually post a comment or two in this library thing. It is quite different when people are actually looking for others' opinions.

I don't know about this yet for my purposes. When I get more time to read and I run out of obvious books I want to read, I may make a more informed choice and to help me make this I might just use this feature!

No comments: